Treat yourselves to a peaceful and tranquil break in this luxurious 10 bedroom, C16th country house. The house sits snugly in the mountainous area of Snowdonia, North Wales, just a short walk from the sandy delights of the Llŷn Peninsula and the bustling seaside town of Criccieth.
Gwynedd House offers large group accommodation, either on a self-catering basis or with in-house catering. Local activities range from golf to surfing.
Sleeping up to 21 guests, this south facing, fantastic house is set in 9 acres of garden and woodlands and is perfect for large parties wanting to celebrate a special occasion!
Over 400 years old, this country home was once the home of the family of Lloyd George, the Liberal Prime Minister, in the late 1900s. More recently the property has been used as a lovely country hotel.
Throughout the summer months you can enjoy flower filled gardens, long evening walks and the space to fully unwind or play a game of tennis on the private tennis court.
– Bedroom 1 has a four-poster bed, and a modern bathroom fitted with a steam room that seats two. The bedroom has a view over the sea and garden.
– Bedroom 2 has a convenient zip-and-link bed. It is spacious with chaise-lounge, and modern bathroom with solid cherry and granite fittings, bath and shower.
– There is an adjoining door to Room 3 with full-size bunk beds which can form a spacious Family Room.
– Bedroom 4 has twin occupancy, and is fitted with a new bathroom equipped with a large walk-in shower.
– Bedroom 5 is a double bedroom – an adjoining single room has enough room for a travel cot. There is an en-suite stylish bathroom with large walk-in shower. The bedroom overlooks the drive and gardens.
– Bedroom 6 is a twin bedroom, fitted with a bath and over-bath shower. The room has a view of the walled gardens and woods.
– Bedroom 7 is a double bedroom, fitted with a bath and over-bath shower. The room has a view of Lane and Gardens.
– Bedroom 8 is a double bedroom, with a new bathroom, comprising of large walk-in shower, toilet and basin. The room has a view of the walled garden and woods.
– Bedroom 9 is a totally refurbished double room, with new bathroom and fittings. It can also be used with Room 10, which has bunk beds and new fixtures of a sea-side theme.
– Roaring log fires aid winter pleasures, including billiards, table tennis, many board games, and movies on the projector TV/DVD screen.
Games Room and Lounge
Enjoy a relaxing evening watching a film from our DVD selection on the projector screen, or take on the family with a competitive game of pool, table tennis or even Monopoly! From traditional board games, to poker or pool, Gwynedd House offers:
– Full-size table tennis
– Pool table
– Lots of board games, cards and poker chips
– Chess table
– Cricket bats and balls
– Rounders equipment
– Webber gas barbeque
In the drowsy warmth of summer, relax in seven acres of gardens, among the azaelea, hydreangea and roses, while enjoying sun-sparkling views of the Irish Sea, and the ancient Criccieth Castle.
Children love the freedom to play riotous games of football, rugby and cricket, or simply ride the tree swings, and play with the cat, dog, ponies and chickens. Outdoor amenities include:
– Hard-weather tennis court, with views down to Cardigan Bay.
– 4 x basic tennis rackets available. Please bring your own tennis balls.
– The spacious grounds can be transformed into ‘The Oval’ for an afternoon game of cricket, ‘The Olympic Stadium’ for an energetic decathlon or ‘La Place de L’hotel de Ville’ for a relaxing game of boules. All the equipment is provided.
Contact us to get detailed information.
You can email us 7 days a week, 24 hours a day,
using the contact form below.